Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Virginia

I am just not seeing how Virginia is for lovers. I think they should change there motto to "Virginia, it is kind of like being in Apollos armpit, because it is hot as the surface of the sun yet sticky and wet." So far my stay has consisted of move 5 cubic yards of mulch and some museum visits.

First I visited the State Capital Building, which consisted shouting to my children "The Capital Building is not a toy!" Next was the Museum of the Confederacy. Forgive me for how this sounds, but my reproduction of Civil War clothing are way better than I thought. Next was a tour of the Confederate White House. Our guide may have had a bit of a crush on Jefferson Davies. It was a good tour, almost too good. There was just something in the way he looked at the photo of old Jeffy D. He might have a live size cutout hanging above his bed or something.

Finally I visit the Richmond Holocaust Museum. If your in Richmond and it starts hailing apocalyptic, baseball size hail then you should take shelter there. I think the roof would hold up nicely and it's free.

No comments: