Tuesday, April 13, 2010

LSMFT ... LSMFT

Our vacation has come to an end, but not before I was finally able to take Kat and the kids to the Durham Tobacco Museum.

http://www.ibiblio.org/dukehome/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y-ZWyucnVI

Yes, Lucky Strike means fine tobacco. This is the sort of thing you will see at this unique museum.


I would have liked to have seen a little more on the downfall of big tobacco, but the animatronic tobacco farmer was just so bizarre it made up for a lot. One must appreciate these sort of things for what they are.

The following are a few other highlights.


We played American Idol on the Wii. My bio-chemist brother-in-law can almost always get a perfect score. Watching my sister sing Beyonce's "Crazy in Love" was everything I hoped it would be and Kat's rendition of "Pinball Wizard" exceeded expectations.


We went to a lake and I got this crazy idea to take my children on a paddle boat. Who doesn't like paddle boats? My kids that's who. If you think dealing with a two year old's tantrum in the candy section of your local Smiths is hard try it in a boat.

If you order something from the Waffle House other than the plain waffle, odds are it will make you sick. Eating at the Waffle house is like running a marathon. One doesn't just jump in and order the ham omelet. That sort of thing takes weeks of training. You start with the plain waffle, move on, over time, to the hash browns, then eggs. After six months or so your system will be prepared for perhaps a sandwich, or sausage. The Waffle House equivalent of a triathlon consists of biscuits and gravy, followed by the bacon egg and cheese sandwich, finished by the ham omelet and cheese covered grits.

Of course taking up smoking instead is most likely healthier.

6 comments:

RNAi said...

"That deaf, dumb, and blind kid sure plays a mean pinball!"

I never thought Kat would udder such words.

Anonymous said...

Yes! What trip to the south would be complete without Waffle House?! Remember how Kenny got their whole meal thing, and was fine? I guess that's what the Army does to you.

Melissa said...

What I wouldn't give to see Rachael sing that song.

Flashy said...

I know!

Yes, I think being the army would be perfect Waffle House training.

Anonymous said...

What is the Waffle House?

Flashy said...

Waffle House is only the most Southern resterant chain ont he entire planet.

http://www.wafflehouse.com/welcome/

It is my personally goal to take as many people to it as possible.