Thursday, April 22, 2010

Treat Thursday

At work we have Treat Thursday. We are assigned a Thursday where we bring a treat. It started a few summers ago as Popsicle Thursday, then, as summer came to a close, it evolved into Treat Thursday.


Slowly it has become infinitely more complex. Currently we are assigned themes, such as dips, cheeses, Mexican, or my personal favorite green. Also Donuts are forbidden. Failure to adhere to the theme is grounds for banishment from Treat Thursday. Not only that but it has become a rather intense competition. Today we had taco cups. A complete taco contained within one of those tortilla chips shaped like a cups.


Not unlike Christmas, we have lost sight of the true meaning of Treat Thursday. It's purpose is not to show that you can produce the best treat, or to prove how cleaver your are with a theme, or even to demonstrate your connections with local pastry shops. The true meaning of Treat Thursday is to help each and everyone of us make it to Friday. That is what it all about, the weekend. After all, in the worlds of the great Loveboy "Every body's working for the Weekend, every body wants a little romance"

Never fear, my friends, I am committed to disobeying all these totalitarian requirements and return Treat Thursday to what it is really all about, Dunford Donuts! They can try their guilt trips, their threats of banishment, but I dare them to resist the pure and tasty power of a fresh Dunford!

For Dunford! For Victory! and for all Donut-kind!


Disclaimer, those Taco Cups were unbelievable, really quite tasty.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who the hell wants to ban donuts? If I could, I would mandate Maple Bar Mondays.

Flashy said...

Now that is a good idea. I would also like Margarita Monday.

That Girl said...

LOL!! NOtice my turn I brought fruit and fruit dip(Yogurt and coolwhip)? I have no need to impress anyone with my domestic skills (or lack thereof). I look forward to your turn to bring Dunford Donuts. Will you bring an extra chocolate one for me and deliver it to my house when I'm out on maternity leave?? j/k.

Anonymous said...

And Tea, Long Island Iced Tuesdays.