Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Help I am in Kanab

I am currently on my second business trip ever. My first was to Portland. This time Fortuna has sent me in Kanab.
I have made a couple of observations.

1. Kanab was "the place" to shoot crappy westerns from the 40's to the 60's, and know tries to make $$$ on this fact as seen below.
2. Kanab is unable to make a proper meatball sandwich.
3. Standing behind someone with a clipboard and stopwatch is not the way to make friends.
One of my tasks consist of time studies, which involves timing people as they perform a task. You can imagine how popular this has made me. I fear I have greatly added to Kanab's fears that we are going to shut them down down. It also doesn't help that I have trouble hiding my disdain for small towns and that I am unsure why I am here. So when asked, I have to make something up which no one is buying. It's like being the bad guy in a made for TV movie about some small town.
So far the highlight of my trip was a very long run. First, I ran past the public pool where someone had a rather nasty accident resulting in more gore than I wish to describe here. Second, I ran up a beautiful canyon. Third I say a women sunbathing topless at one of the hotel pools. I found this interesting because Kanab does not allow bikinis in the city pool.

No comments: