Saturday, June 6, 2009

I wonder if Pioneer Children really sang as they walked?


We went to This is the Place a couple of weekends ago. We come from Pioneer stalk that joined the Mormon Church. A few were US citizens that joined the Mormon Church when Smith open shopped, and walked to Utah. 

Personally I think I take after the side of the family that waited until they put in the train to come to Utah. I think Smilie and Red takes after that side as well.

Here we are eating lunch in the dinning car.




Here we are holding some chicks, that we covered in chicken poo. Red liked it Dad did not.
The ponies are of course a big attraction.

It was fun. 

Sometimes I wonder if my Ancestors came to Utah not because of a firm belief in Mormonism, but for the cheap land. I really hope it wasn't for an extra wife or two. 
 

2 comments:

Van Tassell said...

Wow, did they put a gazebo over the pony ride? They are getting fancy. I sure miss going with you guys and your kids up there. Love you tons.

That Girl said...

I can't believe you didn't like holding the chicken poo!! Hahaha!! I've never been to that park--well, I don't think anyway, which is S.A.D. as a Utah resident. I'll have to take Ry so he can hold chickens with poo on them. hahaha!!