Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Star Trek

I went to see "Star Trek" again this weekend with my parents and sister. As I was sitting excitedly waiting for this most choice motion picture to begin I watched a group of rather larger people walk into the theater. The leader was a man wearing overalls who looked like the farmer zombie in the 1980 remake of "Night oft he Living Dead."

We were sitting at the very top of the theater and I watched as these people began to laboriously, struggle there way up to us. They inquired if I was saving the seats next to me I replied with a pleasant, "No they are all yours" and even moved down a seat as to allow their party to remain together. I always make it a goal to be as polite as possible.

Of course I am going to fail at this right now. The largest of this party sat next to me and began to spill over into my seat. The climb was to much for this poor lady. She looked as though she was going to die right there and then. I was contemplating offering her some water or sprite when I was hit by a most nauseating smell. It was not unlike being punched in the face. It was a mix of mothballs, BO, mold, and cat urine. As I struggled not to vomit up the Kit Kat bar I had just enjoyed I began to worry the smell would somehow attach itself to me. After about 2 minutes I could take no more and abandoned my parents and sister and fled to the other side of the theater. It was horrible, and I mean really horrible. It was really kind of sad. Luckily Star Trek is so fantastic, I had forgotten about her and that terrible smell by the time the USS Kelvin was destroyed.

1 comment:

That Girl said...

YUCK!!! THat is sooo gross and sad in a way. LOVED that movie, too.