Thursday, May 6, 2010

Living History Conference




Last weekend I went up to Logan to the Intermountain Living History Conference. I was to teach a class entitled 19th Century Military Drill. Of course no one showed up. I don't blame them, honestly how can you. Luckily, I had a friend who had volunteered to assist me, so we spent the time dueling with a swords and pikes. It was like being 12 again only better because we used real pikes and swords. Plus I could swear without getting hassled by adults.

Which brings me to the point of today post. If I am ever possessed by an evil force and you must fight me. Remember, I am not very good at defending myself against a pike. With a Sword I occasionally get lucky, but so far I can only block a pike using my chest or face.

One more small bit of advice, if you take a date to Betos at 2:00 a.m. and she starts flirting with three guys dressed like the walked off the set of a bad History Channel documentary and strongly smelling of wet dog. The date is probably not going super well.

3 comments:

That Girl said...

How were you able to post this during the day? They totally blocked it from my computer! BASTARDS!!!

Anonymous said...

Last night, Alex made it to Betos, and I'm proud to report that she ate more of her burrito than you did!

Anonymous said...

Never give people the secret to your destruction! Fortify your house against pike attacks now...