Friday, May 14, 2010

Guess who became King today back in the year 1643. If you guessed Edward the Confessor, your wrong. Edward the Confessor would have been my first guess. It was Louis IV King of France. I also recently went to see Hale's production of The Three Musketeers. It wasn't too bad really. Hale has the most fantastic cookies.

The thing I always find a little weird about the 17th century is how all the men try to look like girls, yet generally the girls do not try to look like men. The other thing I don't really understand is dueling. It makes the three famous soldiers seem a little insecure, which I think we can all understand. Yet I imagine if you tried to tell them this, to help them through it, they would try and stab you. Can you imagine how dangerous it would be to be a therapist in 17th century Europe.

No comments: