Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Edward Barbie, the adventures of Fish

Recently I was convinced to acquire a pet fish for Red and Smiley. Apparently Gold Fish do nothing but create problems and scheme against you, so we got a Beta. Smiley wanted to name him Edward. Red wanted to name him Barbie, so natural they settled on Edward Barbie.

We had to change Ed's water so I began to dump the water in the sink, when Ed made a run for it and jumped to freedom. It wasn't a well though out escape plan because he jumped into the side of the sink with garbage disposal, trapping himself. Of course both kids were watching and burst into tears.

Being an educated man I knew that Ed could not survive out of water and instantly leap into action. First I tried to convince Kat to reach in and get the fish. What can I say I don't like touching Animals, even dogs. When that failed I convinced her to at least get a flash light. We were able to see where Ed was but it is hard to get hold of rather small fish. Eventually I got him by a fin and flung him into his bowl. I really think he learned a valuable lesson about escaping from his plastic prison. After all at least nothing is trying to eat him in there and he gets plenty of food.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

I can see the advantage of using the bathroom sink with the plug in next time. I'm glad he had a fin for you to grab on to hold.