Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Hampton Roads

I don't have a lot of time, but today is the anniversary of the Battle of Hampton Roads where two of the first Iron Clad Vessels slugged it out before they eventual got board and went home. What were the names of the epic vessels? Well if you don't know than may I suggest that public education has failed you and perhaps you should right your Congressmen about expanding the budget for public education.

I've been to the site. It's nice, but that is not what I wanted to talk about.

Saturday was the anniversary of the final assault on the Alamo. Do you know how many movies have been made at this epic event. Neither do I, but I do know that big names such as John Wayne, Alec Baldwin and Billy Bob Thorton have played the roles of Davy Crockett, William Travis and Jack Ryan. Just thought I should mention it. My wife is after all a native born Texan.

No comments: