Friday, January 8, 2010

Why Phoenix is Creepy

I just got back from a Business trip to Phoenix AZ. What was I doing you ask. I was a cashier. A slightly over payed cashier, but a cashier none the less. The TV in hotel room didn't work so I went to a bar, where I pretended to be interested in whatever was on ESPN. I hung on for nine minutes before I tried to kill myself with a drink straw.

After that I decided to walk around Phoenix. The walk started off rather pleasant. Phoenix is very clean, quite and the weather was excellent. Then I realized it was so quite because there was nobody around. The town seemed deserted and it suddenly became eerily quite. Like in the movies before something horrible happens. Nothing horrible did happen, but I don't think anyone really lives in Phoenix, except for a bunch of guys in orange jackets known as "Ambassadors." Just after 5:00 everybody seemed to file out of the buildings get on the train and leave. It was all done in shocking silence, except for one overly excited lawyer who I learned had two brief cases. She got on the train before I could ascertain why.

The only other event worth noting is I received a periodic massages from one of the high ranking executives in my company, while I was cashiering. I would have been freaked out but he was really pretty good at it, and to be honest I was a bit tense. Sometimes I just don't understand my life.

3 comments:

That Girl said...

LMAO!! I think the convention was not in the best part of PHoenix. And most people live in the surrounding areas. Who the heck was massaging your shoulders??? Mwahahaha!!

Stacey said...

You are spot on about Phoenix. It's the biggest non-city city I've ever been to. There are reasons we don't live there anymore . . .

Mr.Westover said...

I too was totally freaked out by Pheonix. I was stuck wandering around downtown with nothing to do when suddenly i came upon a plaza filled with bronze statues of nude children and teenagers. I stood there stunned for a moment but then i left because i was afraid that the pedophiles sitting there eating their lunches would think i was a pedophile