Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Ikea is like Dungons and Dragons

Last night Kat and I went to Ikea to look at some "quality" furniture. Going to Ikea is kind of like Dungeons and Dragons. You spend hours wandering around a maze, looking at weird shit, with strange people, wishing you were doing something that is actually fun. The only difference is that Doritos were not involved.

At least it is what I have always suspected D&D to be like. I don't expect you to believe this, I wouldn't, but I have never played Dungeons and Dragons. For some reason the nerd path I choose long ago never lead me to it. I was invited once by someone that even I considered nerdy, but was told that it was "Satan worship" by my church leaders. So, all you nerds are worshiping the Prince of Darkness.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"If there are girls there, I want to DOOO them!"

I've played D&D once which I thought was boring, but I played a different role-playing game too that was a lot of fun.

That Girl said...

I never did get the whole "satan worshipping" thing with D&D, but I, too, was indocterinated with that false belief. Never played it, was never a nerd... lol, so I cannot make an association with Ikea. I do hate going there, though, and never do because I hate having to walk through a maze.