Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Greater Love Hath No Man

In the Bible Jesus said "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." This is one of my favorite Bible passages. Growing up Mormon I was taught that many things had been "added and taken away" from the Bible over time. If I had been one of those presented with that singular opportunity, I might have added "Greater love hath no man than he helps his friend move all his #$%^" to the above. I would also add a note about Sunday School being optional, but that is another post.

I moved last weekend and moving is a complete and total hassle. In this post I want to thank those selfless souls who sacrificed their Saturday and, for some a football game, to help us move all our crap. We have a lot of crap.

First our parents.
My father was key in helping with the inspection process, provided much need advice as well as doing last minute repairs on the electrical system so we could have a working dryer. My mother spent the entire afternoon moving heavy boxes and even purchased us all lunch. Not only that but they spent a solid 3 hour cleaning our old apartment. Giving us a chance to "baby proof" the new house, before something terrible could happen.

My Mother in Law watched our kids all day and helped repair a gas leak that could have blown us all to kingdom come. She helped us take care of it right away. My father in-law did more than his fair share of heavy lifting, and truck driving in heavy traffic. They have been of greater help than I dare make public in our attempt to acquire a new refrigerator, which will arrive today. (It even has a ice machine.)

My brother-in-law and sister were willing to be late to a football game to help us do one more load in their truck. As well as doing much of the unloading we were to exhausted to do.

We are extremely grateful for all the help offered. These people made a rather trying experience go much much smoother than one could have hoped. If there was some kind of award out there for such behavior I would suggest every last one of you.

On a lesser note I would like to thank 7-11. Plus a certain hardware store that wil remain unnamed. We went to get a plug to repair the gas leak and pick up a 3/4 inch. When we got home we discovered, to our despair, the 3/4 was to big. I reached in my pocket and realized I was guilty of shop-lifting. While we were discussing what size we needed I must have slipped a 1/2 inch plug in my pocket when I went to ask a clerk a question, and forgot to return it. Apparently I am such a good criminal I even fooled myself. We returned the unused part, but I never informed the store.

I would not like to thank Dell Taco, those villains are now on the list for sending me to vomit city.

I will try and get photos soon.

1 comment:

That Girl said...

Congrats on the move!