Thursday, December 10, 2009

Things I like and Don't Like About the 21st Century

Some one asked me if I would prefer to live int he 19th century. In order to answer this question I made the following list.

Don't Like
1. Radioactive pollution.
2. Telephones - I will use them to engage in interesting conversation but I still prefer to talk to people face to face.
3. Doctors never prescribe Whiskey or Brandy as medicine.
4. You can't wear a top hat and tailcoat and not look like a weirdo.
5. Dancing - We went to a Ball last night and it was great.

6. Nobody takes trains anymore.
7. Glen Beck

Likes
1. Indoor heating and cooling
2. Fast Food - It is slowing killing us all but I am diggin the ride.
3. Email - Limits the need for telephones.
4. Vaccinations
5. Lots of people go to college.
6. T.V.
7. I don't have to be a farmer.
8. Nachos
9. Neither James Buchanan or Matrin Van Buren is President of the United States.
10. Blog Stocking - You know you do it.
11. The Nicklecade

Looks like 21st century wins.

1 comment:

Brent and Cheryl VT said...

That's a good picture of you two! The period dress fits you.