Thursday, December 17, 2009

Thanks France

Today in 1777 France recognized America's independence. I really like the French for two reasons. First, they supported us in our struggle against the British. Though, personally I think they only did it to screw with the United Kingdom.

Second, when I visited Europe people seemed to be drawn to me. I had a 20 minute conversion with a Portuguese gentleman even though I don't speak that language. In the UK I got the entire life story of some sad man while sitting on a bench in Hyde park. The French just left me the hell alone, and I really appreciated that.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDaLDpu0rZc

Also in 1745, Bonnie Prince Charlie was forced back into the depths of Scotland, from hence he had come.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I love your historical updates.