Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Tenting Tonight on the Old Camp Ground

For the past five years I have been spending Memorial Day out at Camp Floyd doing the Civil War thing. There year was one of the best. Here is why.

1. I didn't say anything stupid or crazy that got reported in a local Newspaper. I know I mentioned Bringham Young at least once, so thank you reporter for ignoring it.
2. Learned that I have a friend who is a real pagan. We exchanged energy, and yes I am still a little uncomfortable with it.
3. Traded a vest for an excellent reproduction of a John Brown Pike. http://www.kshs.org/cool3/pike.htm
4. Got some fine madder red to make a 3rd Regiment of Foot Coat for the bargain price of $30.00.
5. Found out my sister and her family are returning to my home state. I got the news via phone call while I was in the middle of a musket presentation to some boy scouts. If you are one of those boy scouts I apologize for just suddenly wondering off mid sentence. To be fair your Scout Master kept interrupting with incorrect historical information.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This whole post made me laugh. Especially No. 2 and 5. Stupid scout masters.