Saturday, February 20, 2010

Troubles, Tribulations, Werewolfs

Friday night I was enjoying a glass of Shiraz, when I heard an unexpected knock at my door. It was my mother, who had come to babysit the kids. One of us had mixed up our days, but I never cancel or waste a babysitting. So I downed the rest of wine, shoved the car keys into Kat's hand and we left in a whirlwind of energy uncommon when Shiraz is involved. As we are pulling out of the driveway, Kat informed me that she had promised to go see "New Moon" with her sister. Of course the Shiraz, that I had just hastily consumed, thought this sounded like an acceptable activity.

The movie can me summed up with the following phrases,

Shirtless Indians
Pale, Creepy eyed Weirdos
Lots of moping about
No Zombies

15-30 minutes in I found my self outside the theater drinking the emergency Fuzy Navel I keep in my trunk for just this sort of thing desperately hoping that the it would erase shirtless Edward from my mind's eye for ever. It was not to be.

Vampires and Shiraz should not be trusted.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha. Unfortunately it was my boyfriend who insisted we see this in theaters. I wish I had the fuzzy navel back-up plan.

Leah said...

You never fail to make me laugh hysterically!!! Now if you would have just had another glass of wine, you probably would have made it through the movie! Miss Ya!!!

That Girl said...

That is so funny!! You crack me up!! If you were waiting for zombies to show up then you obviously arne't familiar with the stories. And, how are zombie movies better than Twilight?? I'm a little confused on that one.

I'm not sure if it's more funny that you were expecting zombies and mummies or that you had an "emergency stash" of fuzzy navel in your trunk!! MWAHAHAHAHA!!

Flashy said...

Leah, the Fuzzy Navel was a the result of a "What would Leah do" moment.