Sunday, November 8, 2009

Sometimes More isn't Better

Sometimes more isn't better, it is just more. This is especially true with Zombies. Some of you may know of my short career as a Actor/Model. Well, I was approached by a friend about helping produce a Zombie movie featuring Orrin Porter Rockwell, who kind of looks like a Zombie.
I was a bit unfamiliar with the Zombie apocalypse genera so I did some research and wanted to share my findings. The most important thing I have learned is that when one is playing "Thomas: the Tank Engine" with one's children it is considered inappropriate to have Percy get bitten by a monkey turn into a Zombie Train and chase the other trains slowing turning each of them into a Zombies until they are stopped by Gordan and Sir Topham Hat. The parenting videos the hospital provides to new parent fails to cover this topic. I also learned Chainsaws are not as effective against Zombies as one would have thought. Below is the list of Zombie movies I watched with some comments.

1. Night of the Living Dead - Classic, everyone should see this.
2. Dawn of the Dead - I watch both the 2004 remake and the original 1978. Both were great but I pefer the classic idea of Zombies who are slow and uncoordinated as in the 1978 version.

3. Zombie Campout - Could make it through this one sober.
4. Dead Alive - This movie is deeply disturbing and the writter has some serious issues. It is a very frighting movie but not in a conventional way, but in a "what kind of person thought this up" way . If you've seen it you know what I mean. If not I would avoid this one.
5. Evil Dead, Evil Dead II, and Army of Darkness - Bruce Campbell, what a guy. The dialog in this movie is solid gold. 8. Shaun of the Dead - This is one of those cased where the spoof is better than the rest.
7. 28 Day Later - This movie is English and has Christopher Eccleston (The 9th Doctor Who). It is probably a good movie, but by this time I am suffering from Zombie burn out.

I still have Day of the Dead, Land of the Dead, and Zombieland to go. Wish me luck.

By the way if do find yourself confronted with a Zombie controlled world the best place to go would be a Gun/Pie store. You'll need the Guns for obvious reasons plus you will be able to enjoy some free pie.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I have only seen Shaun of the Dead, but I'm glad that was one of the options you endorsed.

The Zombie/Rockwell project sounds intriguing. Now, if you could only get Bruce Campbell involved.