Sunday, January 25, 2009

The joint is getting to me

I work for a company that makes stamps used for making cards and scrap booking. My boss often refers to it as the "Kingdom of Cute." Our building is dripping with sweetness. It is one kitten poster away from something truly unnerving. At times it is not entirely unlike living in a Hallmark Commercial. Don't get me wrong they treat me very well, and make an outstanding product.

We actually have days every quarter, or so, where you have to go make a card. I avoid these days and our overly emotional company update meeting, but I am starting to crack. I have fought the good fight. At me desk I have on display a watch with Chairman Mao waving cheerfully, and these two fellows.
Yet somehow between my first day of orientation and today I have become the kind of person that puts lotion on their face, every day. Not only can I not stand having a dry face, put I also apply the lotion in such a fashion as to prevent wrinkles. Oh well, at least it didn't drive to me to drinking.

1 comment:

That Girl said...

LOL!!! I'm dying over here! btw, can I borrow some lotion tomorrow? I'm out at my desk... Mwahahahahaha!