Thursday, August 12, 2010

Were still in Kansas Toto

This weekend I took a trip to Kansas City. Turns out the place isn't half bad. I know, I am as shocked as you are.

After all night drive that included four hours of sleep at a nasty Missouri Rest stop we arrived at the National World War I Museum.

http://www.theworldwar.org/s/110/new/index.aspx?sid=110&gid=1&pgid=1113

No I have been to a lot of museum in my day, but this one stand above the rest. It was the perfect mix of artifacts and story. It included very personal touch without neglecting the big picture. I damned near cried twice. Honestly though that could have been the lack of sleep and three cups of coffee.

The best part was the French Tank. It has wheels made of wood. If you are ever in Kansas don't miss this museum.

Next we went to see the Steamboat Arabia. She was like a 19th century Walmart. It was full of artifacts, including fabric and clothing. The tragic part was the cloth was under such dim light I could not examine it as closely as I would have liked.

2 comments:

That Girl said...

Ah Jake, I miss your sarcasm, I mean sense of humor. ;)

Mr.Westover said...

that rest stop wasnt THAT nasty.