Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Jesse James

I just watched the The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0443680/

To be honest I was not expecting much. I had heard this was basically a love story, well I heard wrong. I have always felt the James and Young gang was a by-product of Missouri Guerrilla warfare starring notable characters such as William Quantrill and Bloody Bill Anderson. It is a portion of our Civil War I study when I need reminding of the true "romance" of war.

Anyways, it was more about Robert Ford and less about Jesse James. The characters were engaging and the story was interesting. Jesse was not painted as modern "Robin Hood" nether was Ford painted as the shady assassin.

1 comment:

That Girl said...

I will rent this even if it is only to drool over Brad Pitt.