Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Impulse Buy

People by a lot of things on a whim. My Dad, for example, just bought a corvette. Normal people buy cloths, TV's, video game devices, or maybe sporting equipment.

I had an experience not unlike the one depicted below.


The main differencing being that I was wearing a polo shirt and watching A History of Britain by Simon Schama. Thanks to Ebay I now own this sword.


It is "Battle Ready" which apparently means I can actually use it in combat. Not something I am planning on but I guess it is nice to have the option. Still exactly what I am going to do with a medieval sword is a bit of a mystery. At least Red thinks it is pretty cool.

I guess it could come in handy if I decide to do something from Richard the III or Conan the Barbarian for the next ward talent show.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Your dad bought a corvette?

I'm positive this sword will come in handy at some point.