Saturday, May 9, 2009

Glorieta Pass

Last week I drove 24 hours to sleep in the woods. It was the annual reenactment of Gorieta Pass in New Mexico. I don't really know why I do this sort of thing, but I do. I attended with these three gentleman.They are all fine traveling companions. On the way down we visited some elaborate Plueblo Ruins.
I ended up getting captured by these three guys. Yes they are US troops and their impression was superb. The thing I like best about Glorieta is it is like being in a spaghetti western. They spoke mostly Spanish. I was shooting at them and the guy in middle pops out from behind a tree with a pistol and starts shouting at me in Spanish. Of course I put my hands in the air and said "No shoot-o, I surrender-o, Me prisoner-o." They seemed to appreciate it. If I could speak Spanish I may have deserted.
I sure am a happy guy aren't I.

The strangest part of the tripe was this sign.
I have nothing to say about it, just I just thought it a bit suprising.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I fully support this reenactment stuff. So entertaining.

The post would've been worth it on the value of that last billboard picture alone. I have no idea how to respond. Outstanding.