Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Things that sound funny in your head but not coming from you mouth.

Have you ever had an idea that struck you as, very funny and/or cleaver? Then during execute the joke turns out not to be all that funny and/or cleaver.

For example, lets say you are in your year end review, and you boss asks you "What do you want most of of your job." It might strike you as funny to suddenly stand up and shout "REVENGE!"

Or perhaps a female coworker tells you she needs to put her face on and you think it might funny to respond with a cheery "Good Luck."

Or your Mormon boss asks you to forecast something that is impossible to forecast so you take a rock you found in the parking lot, place it in a hat then place you face in the hat and start pretending to read off numbers.

Though these things may seem to be funny, they are not. Unless one has had the required amount of vodka. However, a joke that requires alcohol to be funny is most likely not a good joke
I am currently reading controversial "No Man Knows My History." It's not bad. After I finish I am thinking of reading on of the following. If anyone has read one of them please let me know your thoughts.

1.The Stray Shopping Carts of Eastern North America

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0810955202?ie=UTF8&tag=oddee-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=0810955202


2.Pride and Prejudice and Zombies
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1594743347?ie=UTF8&tag=oddee-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=1594743347

2 comments:

BeccaVT said...

I vote pride and prejudice and zombies... it's both me and andrew's favorite things combined. Stupid homework, i'd read it myself if i had time.

Anonymous said...

I also lost it on the hat/rock/boss idea. Too bad none of my bosses are Mormon...