Sunday, February 22, 2009

Viva La Revolution VS the Little Princess

One of my favorite subject to study is revolutions. Big small, red, blue, I enjoy learning about them all. Some of my favs include (but are not limited to) the American Revolution, the French Revolution, and the Haitian Revolution.s

One of Red's favorite subjects is Princesses. See below.

She also has everything required to reenact most classic fairy tales. We have knights, horses, fairies, peasants, kings, queens, castles, cottages, scores of dragons and wide selection of animals. We often play a game were we reenact the Disney's classic hit, Sleeping Beauty.

I can't remember the story word for word like mom, so I have to improvise. Sometimes I add story lines from my interests, such as power struggles between the king and queen and their knights or I throw in a peasant revolt. Sometimes I introduce new characters like "The Evil Death Zebra" who is an obvious reference to Napoleon Bonaparte.


Sometimes Red changes the story. Such as adding a small army of "scary" Dragons and Dinosaurs that combine their strength and force everyone into hiding until they are liberated by a giant snake and it's little baby.

I suspect the Dragons and Dinosaurs might represent the Prussians and Austrians, or possibly Nazi Germany. Red is a very deep thinker for a three year old. I am still unclear about the snake and baby snake but it might be a biblical reference to the story of Moses and the Snake on the Staff.


If we are really luck we are joined by Smiley. He usually plays the roll of "Babyzilla" who captures unsuspecting victims, puts them in his mouth, and wanders away with them. Smiley's portrayal of "Babyzilla" is as humorous as it is heart warming.


I think the true moral of the story is, that no matter how many Peasant Revolts, Dragons, Dinosaurs, or Evil Death Zebras you face in life, there is always something out there who wants to put you in its month.

GO TEAM!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Bwhaha. These are lessons that every one needs to learn. Nothing like a little historical allegory to liven up the playroom.

Van Tassell said...

An instant classic! Keep up the good blogging!

Ben